This pre-war on Park Avenue and 37th Street was completed in 1940 and it appeared as though over the years the halls were renovated ad-hoc. It was time for a refresh.
With a tight budget, the Board hired eca to take the best features of the halls - elegant, large elevator landing with natural light—and enhance the full floor plate.
Given the size, we extended the lobby carpet design on each floor with the smaller bordered runner back to the smaller east and west apartment wings, updated lighting, and transformed the elevator landing. The halls maintain a feel of the overall Art Deco design of the Building.